Are you one of the brave, perhaps crazy few signing up for National Novel Writing Month this November? Have you embarked upon the challenge of writing 50,000 words in one mere month and need quick nourishment to keep you going?
Or perhaps you’re just hungry and want an easy, yet delicious sandwich.
Either way, check out what I threw together so I could get back to writing. I write for work and I write for pleasure. So sandwich-making time must be quick and healthy.
1. Toast a whole wheat sandwich thin.
2. Add some spreads, such as hummous, guacomole, or Branston pickle. (I added all three without any regrets!)
3. Add a little cheese. I sprinkled some goat cheese.
4. Add some veggies, such as lettuce and tomato.
5. Fry an egg and add it to the sandwich thin.
6. Close up the sandwich and eat!
It was quick, easy, and delicious. In fact, I think it might belong in the running for BEST SANDWICH EVER!
As you can see, you can vary what you add depending on what you have on hand. I plan to experiment with different variations. Let me know if you come up with similar healthy concoctions.